Loan Management System
Loan Management System for Credit Service Providers
Credit service providers are one of the most important sources of credit to the unbanked population. They provide quick and flexible credit facilities to the public. The less stringent credit appraisal process promotes accessibility of credit services to the unbanked population. Most credit service providers use Jisort for their online lending activities. Jisort also forms the back office core that manages the appraisal process, repayment, accounting and bookkeeping, reporting and business intelligence, SMS and Email Communication Channel among others.
Client Registration Module (KYC) – Know your Client – allow capture of Client bio data, social economic data and any other important information about the Client. Including Client’s beneficiaries, bank details and identification documents
Client Personal Account
This module manages all Clients transactions related to Accounting, Payments and Receipts.
It provides a means of processing and extraction of the information relating to Clients transactions in a precise, accurate and effective manner of extracting and displaying or printing the same for analysis and decision making process.
Clients payments can be received in the against
- Loan principal.
- Share capital
- Lump sum charges
- Loan clearance charges
- Loan application charges
- Insurance fee
- Entrance fee
- Loan scheduling fees
Loan Processing Transactions
This module integrates seamlessly with other modules in the system
- It is possible through this module to receive, apply, appraise, endorse, track, monitor and evaluate Client’s transactions, and connect to the DMS source of documents.
- It’s able to generate loans guaranteed by the applicant and their statuses.
- It also generates number of loans guaranteed by guarantors and their statuses.
- The system also generates a loan application number in a specified format
- The module can generate an automated electable SMS/email alert as the loan is processed.
- When an application is received inform the borrower and the timelines expected.
- Inform the guarantors to a loan of the extent of their guarantee.
- Inform the borrower when the loan is approved and any fees payable before disbursement.
- Inform the borrower when funds are disbursed.
- The system provides for a maker, checker and approver in all loan processes. The person who appraises may not approve. – Committee approval where a loan has to be approved by specified persons.
- The system allow for a full loan approval up to payment through the system. Once a loan is fully approved the system notifies accounts department of pending payments from loans department.
- The system allows for an online approval (by loans committee) and disbursement of funds (by authorized signatories).
The system generates the following reports:
- Total loans collected in a period.
- The loans projected/actual report.
- The system generates defaulters report in periods/ days/ months.
- Loan ageing Report
- Loan portfolio at Risk
- Loans cleared report.
- Loan repayment schedule.
- Loans due for payment on a given date.
- Loans balances as per Client and per loan at a given date.
- Relevant reports can bear makers/checkers/approvers/authorisers/signatories, times and dates.
- The system generates an appraisal report.
- Loans rejected/deferred citing reason for such.
- Loans issued/pending (full/partial) in a particular period.
- Loans approved in a particular period and the amount approved.
- Loans applied in a particular period.
- The system allows addition/modification of new loan products/parameters.
- The system allows an authorized user to make exemptions on some loan parameter using marker checker principle
- The system can automatically lock the appraisal report for further modification once the loan is disbursed.
- The system supports direct loan fund transfer to recipient bank once the loan has been approved.
- The System supports early repayment and lump sum loan repayment.
- The system calculates interest charged on loans products on either daily or monthly basis and allow for user to select a particular method. – reducing balance, straight-line/flatline, microfinance, custom methods as well
- The system supports loan rescheduling based on Credit policy.
- The system can generate an appraisal report clearly summarizing the entire appraisal requirement and their statuses for ease of approval.
- The system allow for adjustments on loans balances such as;
Waiver of partial/full interest
Discontinue loading of interest./interest freeze
Risk Management/Guarantor Security Management
- Tracking of guarantors, the loaned and the amount they have guaranteed is as critical as approving the loans.
- The system allows a Client to guarantee a specified maximum number of loans.
- The system allows for release and replacement of a loan guarantee.
- System can utilize an algorithm of managing liability a Client can have as stipulated by the Microfinance to avoid over guaranteeing.
- The system can be set to only allow a subsequent guarantee if the guarantor loan account or any of the previous accounts guaranteed are not in arrears.
- The system can notify the guarantors any moment their shares are tied to guaranteeing a loan via email/sms.
- The System can provide a method of calculating defaulted loans charges, offsetting from loanee account and apportioning any balance to guarantors in ratio of their guarantee and recover.
- System can generate demand notices in the following order
- 1st demand notice when an account falls in arrears of over 30 days (1 month)
- 2nd demand notice when an account falls due for over 60 days (2 months) and copied to guarantors. A notice to offset an overdue account from the loanee deposits account copied to guarantors.
- 3rd notice offsetting own deposits account and giving guarantors notice of offset from their own accounts of any loan balance after 21 days.
- 4th notice offsetting guarantors and notice to sue for the outstanding balance.
- System can generate Special notice to management when an existing loan secured by guarantors becomes exposed due to;
Death of the guarantor
Guarantor losing his/her deposits
Guarantor deposits become attached.
The system keeps records and gives reminders when notices given on accounts in arrears expire.
Securities /Collateral Management.
The system manages securities.
- The system automatically alerts on expiry of insurance policy for motor vehicles.
- The system provides a way of the Microfinance paying insurance premiums on expired and non-renewed policies and debiting the Client loan account.
- The system can have a provision for renewing land rates and rent as applicable on loans secured with title deeds.
- The system can prompt for a biannual census of all securities held and confirm their applicability on a taker-confirmer basis.System allows for
release of security on loan completion.
- The system can generate a report of all loans secured by securities, their performance, the value of the securities and relevant journal notes/memos.
Loan recovery management.
- The system has a loan recovery management method.
- It indicates the due dates for all loans.
- The system has a memo of indicating all actions taken on due loan accounts and by who on individual loan accounts and en mass.
- The system allow for select of preferred mode of payment and date for a Client loan.
- It can link to DMS with loan repayment details and other correspondence with the Client on his/her loan account.
- A journal of actions taken can be there and visible.
- It can link to the loanee Client physical addressees.
- It can generate and send alerts to individual or bulk or selected Clients with available templates for:
- Chart accounts with level of account hierarchy collapsible and expandable.
- Ability to add, modify by an authorized user.
- General Ledger settings allows linking of default account to regulatory reports, standard operation procedure as per the organization
- Integrate seamlessly with other modules and capture details of all transactions, making it possible to drill to sub ledgers and source documents.
- Account codes make it easy to identify account group, sub ledger account e.t.c
Online Banking/ Web Portal/ Clients Dashboard
- System allow some level of service delivery online such as clients statements,
- Loan applications, loan eligibility and self-appraisal, guarantorship
- Submission and approval and communication with the organization
- Allow client to update personal details
- Can be used for an online registration of clients.
6. The dashboard securely delivers accurate and real time client data.
After the period transactions are carried out various reports are then available from the system.
System produces report that are printable, exportable to excel and PDF
System reports includes date range provision
Reports have relevant generation fields like by branch, by loan officer, by client, by account
Reports are sortable, filterable
Financial related reports
- Trial balance
- Balance sheet
- General ledger vs. Actual balances (Clients listing) report
- Journal report passed in the system
- Fixed asset register and movement report
- Debtors/creditors schedule and age analysis
- Budget vs. Actual analysis report
- Interest charged and interest refund report
- Overpayment refund report
- Imprest replenishment report
- Dividend /interest processing report
- Month and close of yearend report
- Payroll report and all HR related reports like PAYE P9 forms, statutory deduction reports, leave days reports e.t.c
- Inventory management reports- e.g. stock movement reports
Registry – Client data/ Accounts
- Client register by category, date opened, status, ( customized to give Client register by key fields like ID, gender, station, employer
- Dormant Client Accounts
- Deceased Client Accounts
- Closed Client Accounts
- Duplicate Account reports
- Client accounts with Bosa accounts and no Fosa account and vice versa
- Client withdrawal report
- User activity log on Client records i.e.record user name, Record date and time of creation / modification of Client record
File management system
- Client file movement Deposits/ Savings
- Deposit / saving balances by category, amount
- Deposit refund report
- Deposit used to offset loans report
- Deposit /savings refund report
- Saving s account report by category and amount
- Closed and Dormant Fosa Account
- Flagged accounts report
- Negative balances
- Fixed deposit report (matured accounts report e.tc)
Tellering and others
- Teller cash report
- Cash excess and shortage report
- End of day report
- Cash summary report
- Treasury report
- Mobile reports
- Cheques cleared and un presented reports
- Atm and ABC banking report(balance enquiry,withdrawal, deposit, declined transaction
- Bankers cheque reports
- Fosa authorization report
- Standing order reports by date, department/category-
- Failed standing orders
- Loans without standing order
- Expired standing order
- Loan application report
- Loan approved report
- Approved loans but pending disbursement
- Rejected loan report
- Disbursed loan report- able to show loan disbursed partly
- Repayment schedule of all loans (whether paid/not paid)
- Loan delinquency report ( ability to give reports based on time/period , employers, station e.tc
- Loan underpayment report
- Negative loan balances / overpaid loan reports
- Client loan listing – detailed and summary and be categorized by employer, station, period
- Loan movement schedule
- Loan issued beyond the appraisal parameters
- Guarantors report
- Notification/flagging of defaulted loans not transferred to guarantors on stipulated time.
- The system can provide a drop down menu where one can be able to select/tick the type of loan
Customization/ Support & Enhancement
- System is customizable to clients’ preference
- System supports client driven enhancement and customization of the system
- Provides ability of client to create applications and integrate with the core.
- A well-documented API to be provided for customer driven system customization.
- System is integral-able with other systems, Mobile Money, SMS gateway, e.t.c
- System is integrated with international SMS gateways, mobile money services, banking platforms, CRM, DMS
- Advance Customization and System enhancement may be billed separately.
User Manual /Help
- System has an in built user manual with sufficient depth.
- System supports online forum or platform where users can get help for their queries.
- System has an online training, examining and certification service.
Support / Service Level Agreement
- System includes a SLA on the hours of support and detailing how support department operate.
- SLA details channel of support including online support, ability to provide support via Skype, team viewer, email, chat, phone lines
a) Any PC or Device with Standard Web Browser with Internet will access the system online.
b) Internet source