Day to day we find ourselves running low on cash and often we ask; Where can I get a loan in Kenya without security? What this means is having a loan that you don’t have to secure with guarantors or even collateral.
This type of freedom can be availed by different organizations. Most finance institutions often require users to have a guarantor or collateral in case they fail to pay.
Who qualifies for a loan?
Everyone who is 18 years and above, has a mobile phone(smartphone) and a number that has been in use for more than 3 months.
Also, you need to have a good credit score. Because it will be used to determine the amount you can borrow.
Where to get a loan without security?
Here is a list of places to get a loan without security:
1. KCB M-PESA
It’s a banking/M-Pesa loan for Safaricom and KCB Bank customers. However for you to get a loan you must have been saving on KCB M-Pesa and have used your Safaricom line for more than 6 months.
To apply for a loan:
- Go to the M-PESA menu
- Select loans & savings
- Then KCB M-PESA
- Select loans
- Request loan
- Enter amount
- Enter M-PESA PIN & submit.
The loan will be deposited into your KCB M-PESA account. To access the loan, move the money to your M-PESA. It is free to send and withdraw money to M-PESA from KCB M-PESA.
Borrow from a minimum Kshs. 1,000 and up to Kshs. 1 million charged a facility fee of 7.35%. KCB loan interest rates are 7.35%.
2. Where can I get a loan in Kenya without security: MSHWARI
It is a product of M-Pesa; a paperless banking service that allows customers to access loans without visiting banks.
Borrow from as low as Kshs. 100 with an interest rate of 7.5%.
Requesting for a loan on Mshwari:
- Access the M-PESA menu.
- Select Loans and Savings.
- Then M-Shwari.
- Select Loan.
- Request Loan.
- Enter amount.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- The loan amount will be sent to your M-PESA Account. The loan amount to be paid will be inclusive of the facility fee.
3. SAFARICOM FULIZA
This is another product of Safaricom which allows one to send or pay bills even when the account balance is not enough.
Fuliza is available to all Safaricom Customers however the limits will depend on your credit viability and how long you have been using M-PESA.
0 -100 One-time fee of Kshs. 2
101-500 Kshs. 5 per day
501-1000 Kshs. 10 per day
1001-1500 Kshs. 20 per day
1501-2500 Kshs. 25 per day
2501-70000 Kshs. 30 per day
4. Where can I get a loan in Kenya without security: SHIKA App
It is a loan app that allows people to access loans fast. Besides, after applying you get the loan sent directly to your M-Pesa account.
How to apply:
- Download the app
- Verify your phone number
- Choose a PIN
- Request for your loan
- Wait for M-PESA confirmation within a matter of seconds
Is a money lending software that credits debtors without security. You only need to have an active Safaricom line.
It is easy to apply for a loan on Jazika:
- Download the Jazika App
- Register and answer a few questions.
- Apply for a loan.
- Waait for M-Pesa Message confirmation.
You can borrow as low as Kshs. 500 and up to a maximum of 50,000. Jazika also has a registration fee to keep off non-committed members.
6. Where can I get a loan in Kenya without security: KOPAKASH
It is a credit app that allows clients to access loans. Its credit ranges from Kshs. 1,000 to Kshs. 50,000 with a repayment schedule of a minimum of 91 days and a maximum of 120 days.
The loan can either be disbursed into your M-Pesa or your bank account.
How to get a loan:
- Install the KopaKash APP from the Play Store or click here to install
- Register with your M-PESA phone number.
- Select the product you would like to apply for.
- Fill in your basic information and upload your KYC documents, then submit the application.
- The final application result will be shown in the APP and sent via SMS if approved.
- E-sign the loan agreement after the approval.
- After the E-sign, the approved loan
It is a loan app that offers services both to M-Pesa and Airtel clients. However, Saida checks your eligibility through M-Pesa transaction messages.
Applying for a loan:
- Download the Saida App
- Register by giving your correct details.
- Answer a few questions.
- Wait for Saida review
- Request for a loan
- Wait for M-Pesa confirmation.
8. Where can I get a loan in Kenya without security: HARAKA
It’s a micro-loan service by GetBucks, a South African company that allows clients access to loans.
To be a client, you must have a Facebook profile, then proceed to choose your payment terms before your credit can be approved.
How to get a loan:
- Download the Haraka App.
- Sign up through Facebook.
- Choose the loan amount and payment terms.
- Wait for confirmation.
Loans have become part of our day-to-day activities. We all run out of cash sometimes and we often require extra cash to help us complete some transactions.
There are other mobile lending apps like:
- Eazzy loan
- And many others:
Whenever you run into a money problem and you don’t want to consult your bank, just use one of these apps.
Kenya is growing and so are the loan apps, everyday there is a new app that comes up and tries to bridge the gap of getting loans.
Well for those considering starting a money lending business do check this out.